· Ph. D. in Physics (advisor: Prof. Ron Reifenberger), Department of Physics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, 2000.
· M.S. in Physics (advisor: Prof. Byong-Doo Choe), Department of Physics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1994.
· B.S. in Physics, Department of Physics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1992.
· Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 2011 Sep. - present
· Professor, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science & Technology, Gwangju, Korea, 2004 June - 2011 Aug.
· Postdoctoral Researcher, Prof. Mark Reed's Group, Department of Electrical Engineering, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA, 2000 - 2004 May
· Molecular Electronics: Molecular scale charge transport, conduction mechanism, interaction of charge carrisers with molecules, contact effect, energy band structure.
· Organic (polymer) non-volatile memory devices, Flexible electronics
· Nanowire field effect transistors, logic circuits
· Graphene-electrode optoelectronic devices
· Gunho Jo et al. “Hybrid Complementary Logic Circuits of One-Dimensional Nanomaterials with Adjustment of Operation Voltage”, Advanced Materials, Volume 21 Issue 21, Pages 2156 - 2160 (2009). [PDF] [Journal link]